A lot of restaurants are all bark and no bite. They are full of too much hype and not enough flavor. From food trucks to hole in the walls to 5 star establishments, I'm here to answer the question on everyone's mind, "Is it really that good!" I am not an Iron Chef let alone a line cook. I'm just an ordinary girl who loves to eat extraordinary food.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Buttermilk Part 2

I know I just posted my review on this truck not too long ago, but I wasn't expecting to see them so soon. When I did, they were serving their new banana pancakes with homemade granola and their cider donuts. Of course, I had to get them.

Although, it was cooked well the banana pancakes didn't do it for me. It was soft and fluffy, like their red velvet pancakes, it just didn't have enough banana flavor and sweetness.  It was so overpowered by spices, that you can't really taste the banana. The homemade granola was not great. The oats didn't seem cooked enough and it wasn't your typical granola that you could pick up in clusters. So I'd have to say that I could pass on those next time.

The cider donuts on the other hand were the bomb.com.. I honestly didn't think I was going to like them at first because the taste of apple cider is usually so strong and tart. It was deep fried and then rolled in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. I know, you're thinking another churro, right? Well think churro to the 100th power! Crunchy on the outside, and light and airy on the inside. You can tell as soon as those little suckers came out of the oil, they were rolled in the mixture because every square inch of those donuts were covered in cinnamon-sugar. I got the 5 pack donuts. Next time I have to make sure to get two so I don't have to share them. LOL! Seriously, these were really good and am hoping these will be served with both their morning and late night menu.

Told you this would be quick..

No comments:

Post a Comment